Thursday, February 15, 2007

LOUIS' THOUGHTS SO FAR..

We are having a long break for at least a week as Liverpool are not involved in the FA Cup. It seems to me that Rafa brought the team to Portugal for training and a break away from Anfield and Melwood. Our next opponents are the mighty giants, Barcelona at Nou Camp.

Since we are having a break, I was thinking of the current Liverpool team form and the individual players as well. Let us see..

Pepe Reina.
Our Spanish number one goalkeeper. His form this season has not been as consistent as last. However, despite his poor form earlier this season, he has improved and gained his form gradually during our good form of runs. There was some doubt in his future earlier, and some may blame him for the recent goal conceded against Newcastle, I still believe in him and I do think that he's good enough to stay in Liverpool and achieve more than just a FA Cup.


Steve Finnan
Our reliable right-back. He's been consistent this season and getting stronger every time he plays. I'm a great fan of him due to his ability to cross a ball well and his ball control isn't bad. He's a quiet player and does his job week in week out. Facing Ronaldinho up next. He has already sent Josemi and Kromkamp back to their homes, so who's next?





Jamie Carragher
Our best centre back in Liverpool. The most outspoken character in the Liverpool team, I suppose. He is been solid for the recent matches and I could see his efforts to lift the team up when needed. Not afraid to tackle hard and fights for the team. Admire his never-say-die attitude and I will not exchange anyone for him, that's for sure.



Daniel Agger
Has climbed up from the reserves and now established himself in front of Sami Hyypia. Showed great potential and he's enjoying his football. He reminds me of Alan Hansen who is a legendary defender of Liverpool. Agger, like Hansen, has the ability to bring the ball forward and not afraid of shooting from distances. Needs to learn more from Carra and Sami, and of course, I would like to see him playing for us for long and win trophies.

John Arne Riise
He started the season well with a stunner shot against Chelsea in the Charity Shield. However, his form in season has been inconsistent especially in his defensive department. Has been warned by Rafa before this season and I believe he has to improve on his form otherwise his place will be taken. Still loves his shots and I do like him as a player. A good left foot. Really hope to see him scoring more and defend well for the team.

Jermaine Pennant
Our summer buy has been heavily criticised since the start of the season. Still, credit to him, he worked hard and managed to give some good performances for the team. Honestly, I was not happy with his form and style of play in the beginning. But as the season progresses, he has improved and begin to play better with the team. His first goal for the club against Chelsea was awesome. Hope to see him improve and continue his good form.

Xabi Alonso
To me, he's one of the most important players in the team. A player who we can't afford to lose and although it took him a while to get back his form, I still believe that he's an essential asset of the team. His passing ability, I believe everyone should know. The team needs him as he plays the defensive midfield man and that's an essential role. Really admire him as a player and I'm going to see him as a legend for us.

Steven Gerrard
Our skipper. The man who does it all for us. Champions League Final and last year FA Cup Final. This season, I do hope it's no exception. For his standards, I do think that Stevie has not reached to his fullest best this season yet. Yes, his presence and overall play is good. However, I do believe that our skipper could bring out more. Still, he's the most important player for the team. When we mention Liverpool, the first name that pops out is our mighty Steven Gerrard. I do hope to see him more and of course, bringing us to glory. Come on Stevie!

Momo Sissoko
One of my favourite players in Liverpool. He was unfortunate to be injured earlier in the season and hence, missing much in the middle of it. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see him back in the last game and I do think that he's also another essential member of the squad. His hard tackling and strength are much needed in the centre of the park. Of course, he needs to improve some of his areas. His passing and shooting can be better in years to come and don't forget, this lad is still young. Looking forward to see him score his first goal for us.

Craig Bellamy
The moaner of the team? He's been playing well ever since his court case is closed. I've never doubt his ability of scoring goals and I'm really happy to see him doing that for us now. His runs behind defenders are threatening and his lightning pace is an useful tool for us. Just have to make sure that he's disciplined on and off the field and I believe that he will do well for us. 20 goals or more?

Dirk Kuyt
The best signing in the summer. No doubt the most hardworking player in the team. An honest lad and plays his best for the team. He started well in the beginning but started to fade off later on due to his poor finishing. Kuyt needs to be more clinical in goal and I do think that he will be fine. He holds my favourite number though, 18. He knows what he's doing and I like his direct play on the field. Flying Dutchman for the Reds?

Peter Crouch
The tallest man in the team. Has scored a couple of spectacular goals this season so far. Despite his height, he has excellent ball control and the ability to execute kicks which is simply extraordinary. I do like him as a player and although there are many people out there who doesn't really support him, I believe that he is an important member of the team and he will score goals for us. Of course, he has to improve on his finishing as well, especially his heading. Because of his height, Crouch must know how to make use of his aerial power and strength, hence, converting them into goals. He's been playing well and I hope to see him scoring more spectacular goals for us.

Sami Hyypia
Our experienced centre back. With Agger coming up strong, Sami should know that he can't play much now. Still, I believe that his experience plays an important role in many games and I think that he will rotated among games but on a less frequent basis.

Fabio Aurelio
In the beginning, I was doubting his ability and the fact of his adaptability to the English style of football. Fortunately, Aurelio has shown signs of improvement and his crossing is one of the best in the team. He needs to improve defensively and his overall play in the team. I believe he should be able to challenge John Arne Riise for the left back place.

Mark Gonzalez
A player who we had a hard time signing him. An handsome and pacey player. He has been injured on several occasions and I believe that he's trying his best to get into the team and plays well for us. Still, he needs to adapt to the fast pace game and of course, it takes times for him. A player whom I expect more from him.

Bolo Zenden
Frankly, I'm not a great fan of him. I believe he's just a backup player of the team and I think Rafa just wants to make sure there's adequate cover for the first team squad. Without doubt, he has the experience. Still, I do think that he's not good enough for us. A player whom I doubt will stay at Liverpool for long.

Luis Garcia & Harry Kewell
These 2 players are no doubt can be the best in the team in their positions. Luis Garcia is out for the season. He played well in the beginning however, injured himself in the Arsenal game. We will miss him and of course, it's blow to have Luis out. Wish him all the best in recovery. Harry has been unfortunate these few years. Injuries had affected his career. I do like him as a player and do think that he's the best winger in the Liverpool team. However, he needs to get over his injury and start playing for us. Come on, Harry. Looking forward for your return.

Robbie Fowler
God. Our Liverpool God has not been playing frequently. Still, his ability and experience are playing an important role. I do not expect to see him much on the pitch but I think that he can impart some of his experience to the younger players and being once a lethal striker, I'm sure the younger ones can learn plenty from our God.

Finally, now you see. That's what I think of each individual player. Really hope to see the team plays well and move up the league as high as possible. I'm looking forward to the Barcelona's game and of course, to all Liverpool fans out there,

You'll Never Walk Alone..

No comments: