Sunday, May 27, 2007

AC Milan Vs Liverpool Post Match Comments



It's been some time after the final. Still, I could feel the pain and disappointment losing a major final like this. It's an uncomfortable feeling and how I wish I can forget this. Sadly, I know I would not able to. I will always remember this final for my rest of my life.

We did play well. However, not good enough to win in Athens, not enough to overcome the quality and experience of Milan, not enough to score goals.

Many times this season, we struggled to put the ball into the net and that flaw caused us some much points throughout. It followed us in the final. We didn't score. That's the reason why we didn't bring the trophy back. It's pretty frustrating to watch the match. We had the lion's share of possession. Sadly, they scored at the stroke of halftime. That's the worse time to concede a goal. Our fans sang their hearts out, unfortunately, their efforts were not able to push the team into scoring.

My heart went out for our team. My hand was everywhere. My head, my face etc. When Milan scored the second, I knew it's over. My heart sank. A feeling which I didn't feel before. It's not any ordinary lost from a league match. It's the god darn Champions League final.

Nevertheless, it's all over. Milan won the final and we shall hold our heads high. It's definitely disappointing to lose in a major final, but I guess it's just makes the team stronger. Milan lost in 2005, they came back strong and managed to beat Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Liverpool in the end. We should learn this from them. Learn from mistakes and make full use of this experience in future.

I'm proud of our fans. Our singing and cheering are the best in the world. Milan won the trophy but it's our fans who sang louder that their celebrations. You could feel their pain in their singing and at the same time, they are telling the team that no matter what happens, You'll Never Walk Alone. My eyes were watery as I heard the voices of Anfield. It's just so unbelievable.

It's a match for us to forget, but remember the valuable lessons we've learnt.


When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind

Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

No comments: