Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Disappointing Draw At Edwood Park

Blackburn 0 Liverpool 0



Match Highlights


As expected, Liverpool didn't give me any kind of surprises. Against the hard-willed Blackburn side, we created chances and chances, but failed to convert them into goals. The current form of the team is very poor. Some of the players are still under performing and I really wonder when are they going to wake up. I'm afraid by then they play to their best, teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea have already long ran to the top of the table.

Dirk Kuyt was the main and lone striker for last night's game. He was extremely disappointing. First touch was frustrating, missed chances as if the game was 120 minutes. Sometimes, Rafa Benitez tactics is confusing. Kuyt can't be played a lone striker. He's always overpowered by Blackburn's big physical presence. To be frank, I was cursing and swearing at Dirk, hoping to see him taken off though in my mind, I knew Rafa won't.



Fortunately, there were players who played pretty well. In my opinion, Carragher, Mascherano, Stevie, Benayoun were the ones looking to create or score for us. I couldn't see it coming from the rest. Even substitute, Harry Kewell came in and showed the fans why he's still wearing a Red shirt. Kewell is a winger whom I really likes. Bring on the defender, dribble down the flank, crossing in good balls. Of course, there were several occasions Harry lost the ball. Still, I believe he provided some flair and width to the team.



I can't help but to worry for Liverpool's season. Although they remain unbeaten in the league, they struggled to win points. In the league, they needed to be consistent. Drawing games would be seen as 2 points lost. They have to close the gap. Otherwise, like any other seasons, they have to settle for a place below again. All we fans can do now just to pray hard and keep supporting the team no matter what happens. Yes, it's demoralising, but as Liverpool fans, we'll never walk alone..

Crucial Champions League coming up. It's do or break time.

You'll Never Walk Alone..

No comments: