Saturday, March 8, 2008

Torres Hammered The Hammers

Liverpool 4 West Ham 0
Torres 8, 60, 81, Gerrard 83



How can I possibly not write about this? Fernando Torres has singlehandedly hammered the visiting Hammers down. The game in hand which we desperately needed to win and get the 3 points, and yes, we got it.

It's a mid-week game which meant to be a 4am match live here in Singapore. Despite the fact of working the next day, I still pulled myself up out of my bed and caught the game. Fortunately, the Reds didn't disappoint me.



Torres' first goal was the best of the three, in my opinion. Caught everyone by surprise even myself. West Ham goalkeeper, Robert Green, stood on this feet, looking so helpless watching the ball into the net. From that moment he scored the first, I knew there would be more from this fellow.

Martin Skrtel, (above with Torres) was superb. I'm beginning to like this young lad as his performances has been consistent over the last few matches which he has played. A big strong defender with pace which is something I love to see in a defender. Keep it up, Martin. You'll do well.



As I expected, Torres' second came. His top corner header left Green glued at his position again. Clearly shown his coolness in front of goal. He just couldn't stop scoring isn't it? Many of the girls are all going crazy over him, but I guess the guys can't resist as well. :)



The match ball belonged to him when he just made Neil like a fool in the box. Awesome control which "ole" Neil and off he went, finishing off his third of the night. It's been sometimes since we have seen such a scorer like this. Michael Owen was the last. Well, he has already achieved so much in his first season over here. He will be good, good to be up there with the likes of Rushs, Daglishs and Keegans. I'm sure he would.



Captain Stevie just couldn't stand Torres being the limelight for too long, he also would like to join the show. He added the fourth with his trademark 25-yard thunderbolt. His shot pulled me of my seat. Just couldn't stop admiring Stevie's abilities on the pitch. His celebrations just told who's Boss around.

Fans just told the Americans bosses what to do!


We have to keep it going, keep taking the 3 points. Like Rafa said, it's in our hands now. We have to make sure we cement the 4th place and probably closing the gap to the 3rd.

Come on!


You'll Never Walk Alone..

No comments: