Sunday, January 21, 2007

LIVERPOOL 2 CHELSEA 0

Finally, Rafa Benitez has won a league game against Chelsea. For the last past meetings, Jose Mourinho is leading 5-0. It's good for Rafa to get one back.

I'm really looking forward to this game and I even came home alone specially to watch this game. To be very honest, I was going crazy when Liverpool won the game. The victory was just so sweet, especially against the defending champions.

Cech came back to the line-up for Chelsea and for Liverpool's lineup, I thought that was the best line-up Rafa can think of at the moment, given the injuries. Chelsea's defence suprised me but Jose had no other options as well.

The game started on a high tempo and I could see that the Liverpool players were all geared up for this match. Played simple football and passed the ball around. We scored..in the 4th minute! Dirk Kuyt! A long ball pumped forward from Carragher, a slight flick on from Crouch, Kuyt with a great touch, bang! 1-0.





I jumped in joy even though I was watching alone in the living room. It just feel great to see Chelsea conceding, especially when Liverpool scores against them.

13 minutes later, we added another with a beautiful volley by Jermaine Pennant. Fired into the net outside the box, beating Cech completely. The first goal for Liverpool! Nice shot Pennant! The Anfield crowd exploded, including me. We have a 2 goal lead against the champions in just 18 minutes.





The second half, Chelsea had more possession. However, We stayed real strong as a team and I'm sure that Pepe Reina didn't make any saves. Steve Finnan was solid, Carragher was excellent, didn't gave Drogba any space at all. Fabio Aurelio, I have to mention him. I'm not a great fan of him, but today, he indeed played well on the left hand side and stood well on his foot against some of the best players.

The mifield was stable and organised. As usual, Gerrard and Alonso was controlling the mifield, worked really hard for the team, helping the defences many times. Alonso had some stiches on his lips while Gerrard was tackling hard with his opponents. Being the Captain, I thought that our skipper fought hard on the pitch. Non-stop runnning during attacks and breaking down attacks. A good display!



John Arne Riise, as usual, has been scoring spectacular goals against Chelsea for the past meetings, had a shot against the crossbar. A typical Riise run down the left and his body language just showed that he was going to lift his leg. The ball flew, beaten Cech but not the goal. "AWW!" I shouted with my hands on my head.





The crowd was making so much noise from the beginning till the end. Sang non-stop, just unbelievable. ANFIELD was just awesome. Even though I was not there live, I could really feel the atmosphere there. It's something which you can't feel in any other stadiums. Extraordinary!!

A excellent win! 5 points gap. We have to work from here, put on a good run and make sure that we capitalise on the top 2 teams' slip ups. Come On REDS!



I was singing You'll Never Walk Alone back at home with the fans at Anfield and I'm really proud to be a Liverpool fan.

you'll never walk alone..

cheers.

2 comments:

Gerek! said...

Thanks for using my vids ... hahah lol

Louis said...

Hahaha! You're welcome! Great win!

cheers.