Monday, January 8, 2007

MOMO'S COMING BACK!


liverpoolfc.tv reports..

Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko is targeting the Merseyside derby on February 3 for his return to action.
The Malian, who has not played since dislocating his shoulder against Birmingham on November 8, has now returned to training.

"I'm hoping to make it back for the first game in February, which is the Merseyside derby with Everton," said Sissoko.

"I've had some serious injuries but that is something you have to live with in this game. I've worked hard to get better and I'm now feeling okay."



louis' comments..

I'm really pleased to read about this news that Momo is coming back. I'm more that delighted to see him playing in the team again. I must admit, all of us missed his presence, especially in the mifield. To me, he's a key member of the squad.

With Momo back, Gerrard will be able to have a go at defences without worrying about the defence as Momo and Xabi Alonso will be protecting the back 4. I have been hearing the fact that Gerrard is playing well with Xabi in the middle. However, I do feel that, in this way, Gerrard have to be more reserved in the middle as he can't overcommit himself too much. Just like how he plays for England.

Hence, with Momo back, Gerrard would be able to threaten defences with his devastating runs in the middle, right or even left. I do miss Momo's tackling and the ability to break defences in the middle of the park. Many times this season, goals are conceded due to the fact that we can't clear the ball in the middle. Against Blackburn and Arsenal 2 days ago were just some examples.

Come on MoMo, we are looking forward for your return. Recover fast and join the battle !

you'll never walk alone.

cheers.

No comments: