Friday, January 4, 2008

Frustrated By Bruce's Men Again

Liverpool 1 Wigan 1
Torres 49 - Bramble 80



The scoreline speaks for everything. Liverpool 1 Wigan 1 at Anfield. It's a 2 points loss rather than a point gained. It felt like a loss though. With a massive 12 points gap, I can say we are out of the title race. Despite being being named as one of big 4 teams in the English league, every season, with so much promise and hope, it turned out to be the same old story. Disappointing and frustrated.

Failure to score, failure to kill off opponents, and most importantly, failure to win. It has been the problem over the years and today. Rafa Benitez, with his fourth season in charge, still couldn't find the edge of the league in which he does in the Champions League.

Luck does play a part as well. It can be difficult when strange decisions go against your side. However, we have only ourselves to be blamed. Lion's share of possession and big number of shots on target but with no goals are redundant. Championship teams can kill off the game with just a chance on goal. Sadly, I can't see it on our red half.



Home against Wigan. Expected 3 points or I should say it's a must. Anything lesser than that is a total no-no. So many chances on goal, but unable to put the ball into the net. Titus Bramble, of all players, scored a wonder shot into the goal after the defence failed to clear the ball. A mistake and mis-concentration at the back, you have to pay for it. That's football. Small details in the game may cost more than you think.

Liverpool fans and friends always tell me to keep faith in the boys which I eventually did. Sadly, it turned out to be so disheartening. Shaking of heads and pissed faces are common among the Reds now. Somehow, as always, we are used to it. Just hope to see some good performances from the lads and maybe do well for the cup competitions.

At least I know, the thing which comforts me is that we have the best fans in the world. No doubts about it. All we can do now is hope.

You'll Never Walk Alone..

3 comments:

Afif said...

Dude, your blog is being hijacked by Advertlets.com I kept being auto-directed to that stupid site every time.How to read one like this? Do something man!

Louis said...

Hi Afif,

thanks for your notice. I realise it when I surf my blog as well. I've removed it already and I hope it's fine now.

Nice to see you here and drop by often. Feel free to give your views and comments. Thanks a lot. :)

YWNA

Afif said...

That's much better, 3 points for Hupplepuff :)